Vormats and your personal data
We, Vormats, collect and process personal information from clients and persons who download our app or visit our website, for carrying out business with you. This policy sets out how we handle your personal data. You can be confident that we handle your personal data with due care. In this relation with you we act as a data controller and our full details are:
1013 LR Amsterdam
What information do we collect and use and for what purposes?
We use your personal data in a variety of ways. For example in order to provide and improve our services, to personalize our services to you, to deliver content, and to connect you with other services you use.
In addition, we may use information about groups of users, without focusing on any particular user’s information, for a wide variety of business reasons, such as to study usage and traffic patterns, to test different aspects of our technology and services, to analyze and understand our business better, and to develop our services.
For these purposes, we collect different personal information, including:
- Account Information. When you sign up with us we’ll collect certain limited information to identify and reach you, such as your name and email address, and password to authenticate your access to our services. We may also collect information about your other accounts, such as your login credentials and other information regarding your accounts on Facebook and Google, that may interact with our Services.
- Information about your use of our services. We may have access to, and collect, information that your computer or mobile device transmits to us in the course of our interactions, such as the IP address from which you access our services and information about the configuration or identity of any device or computer that you use to interact with us.
- We archive your profile for 24 months to make it possible to restore deleted items that shouldn’t have been deleted or for example to re-activate your account if you left the Service for a while.
If we would like to use your personal data for any other purposes than those listed in this statement, we can only do so if this is in line with the purpose(s) for which we have initially collected your personal data. Otherwise, we first need to obtain a new ground to process your personal data for those other purposes.
What is the legal basis for our processing of your personal data?
Processing of personal data is only allowed when it is based on one of the “grounds” permitted by law. This means that we may use your personal data for one or more of the following permitted reasons:
- necessary to perform our contract with you
- necessary to comply with laws and regulations
- to serve our legitimate interest
- when you have given your consent
Examples of our legitimate interests that allow us to process your personal data are the following:
- to inform you about similar products and services;
- to secure and protect our products and computer systems;
- to counter fraud, embezzlement or other unlawful behaviour;
- to comply with our obligations on the basis of law and/or regulations or if necessary in judicial proceedings;
Other parties using your personal data as a processor
Sometimes it is necessary to provide your personal data to third parties, for example to administer and provide our technology and services. These third-parties may have access to your information only for the purpose of assisting us, and we will ensure that all necessary agreements are in place to secure the safety of your personal data.
We share information and have agreements in place with:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) for cloud services
Use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes
If you want to receive offers for our products and services you can subscribe to our
e-mail services and consent to sending you marketing messages.
Security of your personal data
To ensure the highest possible level of protection for your information, we invest in our systems, procedures and people. We take reasonable measures to protect the information that we collect from or about you from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Personal data outside Europe
We share personal data with other organizations outside Europe, for instance in the context of IT support. We will verify that the specific country or company has adequate equivalent protections in place, or we will sign separate agreements with those parties that meet the GDPR standards.
Retention period of your data
As set out under the General Data Protection Regulation, we keep personal data in any event for as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose. The law does not stipulate specific storage periods for personal data. Other legislation may specify minimum storage periods, however. If it does, we are under the obligation to observe these periods. Such legislation includes tax laws or laws governing financial undertakings specifically. Another reason for which we may keep your data longer is if we become involved in a lawsuit or other legal proceedings.
What rights do you have?
You have the following rights:
- the right of access,
- right to rectification,
- right to be forgotten,
- right to restriction of a specific processing,
- in certain situations a right to data portability,
- in certain legal instances, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us.
If you would like to use one of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
Right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes
If you no longer want to receive offers for our products and services, you can unsubscribe at any time. All marketing messages include this possibility, and you can follow the link at the bottom of the marketing messages to exercise this right easily.
Right to withdraw your consent
If you have given us your consent for the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. You can send a request to this effect to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will stop the processing for which your consent was required. This may result in restrictions in the use of the Services and doesn’t mean we don’t process any personal data anymore.
Do you have a complaint or want to ask a question?
If you have a complaint or any question about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you want us to delete your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll take steps to delete your name and email address records as soon as is practicable.
You also have the right to take your complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
Changes to Privacy Statement
Changes to the law or our services and products may affect the way in which we use your personal data. If this happens, we will publish an updated version of our policy on our website. We will notify you of such changes and indicate when such changes will become effective.