The Power of Video
Video is one of the most powerful communication tools out there and with good reason: video is more engaging, more memorable, and more popular among viewers than any other type of content. To give you some idea of just how important video can be for your company, we’ve compiled a list of video statistics from studies around the web.
Viewership of online video, and the sheer volume of video content online, is growing exponentially, as these stats demonstrate.
- 78% of people watch videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day.
- By 2020, online videos will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic (85% in the US). (Cisco)
- YouTube is the second most trafficked site, after Google. (Alexa)
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. (Forrester Research)
- Users view more than 500 million hours of video each day on YouTube. (Business Insider)
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text. (Wordstream)
- 55% of people pay close attention when consuming videos — more than all other types of content. (HubSpot)
- In the past 30 days, more online video content has been uploaded to the web than the past 30 years of TV content. (Blue Corona)
- 51% of all video plays are on mobile devices. (Adelie Studios)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Wirebuzz)
Wow, that’s a lot of information!! And while there are a few caveats, most people are more than happy to consume knowledge and information via video, but many people don’t feel they have the time or budget to create video content! That’s where we from Vormats can help! With Vormats it’s easy to create user generated videos for professional communications. Interested? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.